Finally Friday Roll Call

Nicole0216
on 3/17/11 7:52 pm - Lancaster, PA
Good Morning Friends

Had a hard time getting up this am because I was out until almost 10 pm catching up with a friend. Was suprised I was not tired but as soon as I walked in the door, man oh man it hit and went right to bed. My usual bedtime is between 830 and 9pm so I was tired.

Today I am at work busy day lots of clients. I am hoping when I get home to hit the house hard and clean so that we have the weekend free. I have a few things that I want to do.

Been reflecting and trying to identify the companion behaviors that I have that aid in my food addictive behaviors and over all lack of " being on track" I have identified that TV and computer time are out of control. I come home from work, ea****ch TV and sit on Face book for hours. Who would not gain weight? Sometimes it is not really just the food itself it is all of the other behviors that keep me stuck.  I am going to work on not coming home and plopping, I am going to do two positive self care things when I get home BEFORE i resort to the couch potato.
It is supposed to be a gorgeous day I hope you can enjoy it.
Continuiing to keep so many people in my thoughts.

Today is a gift open it
IdaMae D.
on 3/17/11 8:20 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Nicole & PA:

Happy Friday!!!! 

I had my 18 month check up yesterday.  Doc is very happy with me and my progress, however, I have gained 8 lbs since the last time I saw him.  Since heading back to grad school I have not been able to fit in walking/gym time with all the homework and working full time.  This was definately a concern when I made the decision to go back.   Doc said I'm still within his goal for me and he would like to see me get off 5 lbs.  He said he does not want me to go thinner than these 5 lbs because then I'm flirting with unhealthy weights for me. 

I have to fit exercise back into my routine, not quite sure where and how to fit it, I'm working on a schedule.

Today I'm working from home again.  Hider is not acting right, checked her litter box not enough waste in there since it was cleaned out on Tuesday, also too much water remaining in her water bowls.  She did eat about 1/4 of the food I put out for her yesterday. I'm waiting for the vet to open so I can call to bring her in.

I'm not feeling well today either.  Lots of people at work coughing, sneezing, etc.  Today I'm coughing, sneezing, have fever. 

The project @ work is coming together well.  Have hit a few snags with the database, which the IT guys keep on top of.  Yesterday we were out of the systerm for about 2 hrs due to technical difficulties, and I think the bulk of the project might actually be moved onto the next steps today.  YEAH.....

Hope everyone enjoys this beautiful day....

Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 3/18/11 6:30 am - Perry, MI
Hi Ida,
I hope you and your kitty get better.  I know my allergies and bursitis have me down for the rest of the day.  I overdid it this afternoon, schlepping containers to my storage unit.

I know how hard it can be to fit exercise in while working and attending school.  Sometimes you have to get creative, even if it is just to get up a little earlier for a quick walk around the block.

Keep us posted.
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 3/18/11 11:59 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Trish;
Thank you for your kind words.  My dad has bursitis so I know how painful that can be, he's had is since I was a kid and I remember my mom putting hot compresses on him and massaging the area. 

Hider is doing much better than I.  It is funny listening to her Meow at me, she is so horse.....The vet showed me a device called Dr. Hanson's Bussleye Pillgun yesterday so I bought it since I didn't feel up to wrestling her to get the pills thrown down her throat.  Oh my what a great invention.  Pills go in she's not spitting them back out, this device gets them far enough down her throat without hurting her that she has to swallow the pills. 

Me on the other hand am very sluggish, tired, just not with it.....

I sympathize with you on the allergies, I take Allegra and there are some nights I want to scratch my eyes and ears off.....

The exercise thing is tough, I get up now at 5:30am to get to work on time.  Traffice from the northeast down to the airport area during rush hour is so unpredictible.  I'm going to start off with walking at lunch again.  I have to tear myself away from the computer.  Hey if my work load is becoming that of two people I should not be giving up my lunch time to work instead of taking care of myself...

Take care...
Ida

IdaMae

dit657
on 3/17/11 10:06 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - it's a beautiful Friday!! I'm here half day today then leaving for physical therapy. I get a pretty good work-out when I'm there so it is helping me get back into that exercise routine that has been sorely missing from my life.

We got a Wii yesterday and hubby and I were up past our bedtimes playing! I love it - it gets us both off the couch and doing something other than watching lousy TV all night. Right now we just have the sports games but I'm hoping to add to our collection as we go along. I'm open to comments and suggestions - especially on the Wii fit games.

Hubby's daughter and family are coming over tomorrow - granddaughter needs furniture for her new apartment and heaven knows we have enough to spare.

Been having some heart-to-heart talks with my nephew lately - have to pick and choose my times with him when I know he'll be receptive - he has a lot of growing up to do (he's 38) and I do think I'm making some progress with him - at least I hope so. Trying to break him of his negative attitude and the oh-woe-is-me mindset he has always had.

Well people, hope you can get out and enjoy some of this beautiful weather today!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
steffihope
on 3/17/11 10:43 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Nicole and all - HAppy gorgeous Friday! :)

I am actually NOT testing today - I really should be grading - but we shall see what the day holds.  I haven't taught anything in over a week, and really should get on that - but - not feeling it.....  Just brought the students up and one of the kids brought me a bag of sugar free cookies - she SWEARS they are sugar free - I am a bit leary - not sure I will attempt it - but it was soooo sweet!

After school I am headed out to the market - I think - to pick up some goodies as I have a few SPECIAL Jewish Girl wannabees coming over to learn to play Mah Jongg - wanna come and join us?  Feel free! :)  We will be playing Mahj tonight and then will crash at some point later in the evening.

Happy Friday all! :)
bvohl
on 3/18/11 12:26 am
Did u get your plans done????
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

steffihope
on 3/18/11 12:35 am - Philadelphia, PA
I did - yesterday!  Thanks for the reminder! :)
Lisa H.
on 3/17/11 10:54 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning all.. 

Nic, I hope you get enough coffee to get your energy up!  Good for you for realizing that you need to change your get home and plop down attitude.

Today is pretty quiet for me.  Work til 3:30.  I have to get to the bank at some point and also to the post office to mail out a catalog party kit to a friend in VIrginia who is supporting me with a party!

After work, I want to get to the gym for cardio.  I never made it there yesterday and I want to get in one more day of cardio this week.   Actually, I think I may forego the gym and get Siehara outside and take a walk together.  YEAH, that's it!! We will get moving together!!

Tonight is unplanned.  We may hang out with the Caines or may do nothing at all. 

Tomorrow morning is synagogue, then home for a brief rest.  We are babysitting for the Caines in the early evening so Sarah and David can go out to dinner for their mutual birthdays.  Then, Siehara will spend the night and I am going out to karaoke.  I have invited a few friends to go, but none of them have given me definite yeses yet.  I'll go alone if none of them can come.  It is at the club I used to go to all the time.  I haven't been there in so long and I miss it.  There are always friends there, so I know I won't be "alone". 

Hope everyone has a great day.  Get outside and enjoy the weather!

My tracker

hers 

bvohl
on 3/17/11 10:54 pm
Good Morning Nicole and PA!

FINALLY FRIDAY!!!

This has been a VERY long week with lots to do EVERY night! The good thing is that when I go to get in bed I am asleep in like five minutes!! Nicole, I also have been sitting in front of the boob tube and facebook every night, ANOTHER addiction!! I am going to try and take a walk today as well. I know I will be walking to pick up Dee and our neighbors daughter after school. LOVE that Dee's school is SO close that I can walk when the weather is nice!! At least I get some exercise in....

Today is wor****il 3pm then stopping off for gas in the car, then chiropractor for some back cracking!! Then home to straighten up a bit since the exterminator is coming EARLY tomorrow morning, BLAH!

LONG but fun weekend ahead!! Can I have a weekend from my weekend??? Just asking....

Have a great day!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views